July 19, 2021
Our seasonal closure is coming to an end! We are pleased to be reopening to the public on July 19ᵗʰ (restrictions permitting) with our featured exhibit, Glass: Properties, Production, and Popular Categories Through the Ages. Visit us to see examples of uranium glass, Depression glass, carnival glass, and more varieties of glassware.
The health and safety of the Aylmer-Malahide Museum & Archives (AMMA) staff, volunteers, and visitors remains our top priority during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and will continue to update our policies based on current recommendations from the Canadian Government and the World Health Organization. We have taken the following health and safety precautions:
- We will be open by appointment only, Monday to Friday, from 10 to 5 pm. Appointments will be 45 minutes in length on the hour to allow for cleaning and sanitizing in between visitors. This includes tours and artifact donations. Book your appointment online here, or call (519) 773-9723.
- Safety protocols will be in place including social distancing and directional signage. Only 6 visitors will be permitted in the building at one time to allow for social distancing.
- In order to keep our staff, volunteers, and visitors safe, face coverings are required and will be worn by our staff at all times while interacting with visitors. We are capable of offering virtual tours or curbside pickup for those unable to wear a mask.
- If you are sick or are showing potential symptoms, we ask that you please refrain from visiting at this time.
- Visitors are asked to use the hand sanitizer provided upon entry and exit.
- Visitors will be required to fill out a Visitor Health Screening Questionnaire prior to their admission to the gallery (as per Stage 2 of Ontario’s Reopening Plan) to allow for contact tracing in the event of possible exposure.
- Hands-on elements will be unavailable. Tours will be self-guided.
- We are capable of offering virtual tours or curbside pickup for those unable to comply with the above measures.
We look forward to seeing everyone again!